Monday, April 26, 2010

A Room with a View


I randomly saw a photo of this tree on another photoblog about a week before I stumbled upon it on my own. I was taking photos of the tree-lined street when a man approached me and told me that there was 'a most unusual tree' down the block. When I saw it, I automatically recognized it from the other photoblog.



What I love about it is how it looks like a ladder, reaching up to the wrought-iron windows. I also love how the windows provide a brilliant reflection of the real world - you can see buildings, sky, leaves, but in a brighter hue - a glossier version of the world.



When I looked through my photos of this tree, I couldn't help remembering what the man had said to me - "I don't know whether it's diseased or not, but it's remarkable."  What a fine line that can be - diseased or remarkable.

Chelsea.

2 comments:

  1. how strange I almost took the same shot, I was on a trip to N-Y 3 weeks ago, I love your blog, I could post my shot later, but it's not as good as yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, my picture is on my blog now, happy w-e!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...