Thursday, August 26, 2010

Celebration of the Arts



Before she left, Cricket and I went to the museum party at PS1 (the MOMA outpost located in Queens).  This is a shot of the party early on, before it became crowded with artists and those who love them.  There are wading pools, hammocks, sand, live music, drinks and food.  Later on, there was also the most hilarious crowd of dancers that I've ever seen.  I tried to take photos, but they just didn't do them justice.




The outdoor area is covered with netting that is propped up with poles and weighted down with rubber inflatable balls.  If you want to sit on one of them, you must maneuver the poles so that the rubber ball drops down to the ground.  That's just how it is at the cool parties.  You have to deserve your seat.




The PS1 museum exhibits were wild - edgy and often disturbing, but never, ever boring. Unfortunately, photography was not permitted (if you ever get the chance to visit PS1, I think you'll understand why). However, threat of humiliating museum ejection is no match for my dedication to my bloggees! Voila! (above).  It was untitled, so I have no idea what it really is, but to me, it looked like a giant roll of unfurled undeveloped film.  Perfect for a photoblog.

Queens.  Top two photos on Canon Powershot; bottom photo on iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...