Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Stitch in Time...



...is pretty much all I could manage at the knitting class.  That's right.  Knitting class.  Oh, don't get me wrong - when Cuddles suggested it to me and G, I was skeptical.  And not just because my mother's tactful response was "wait...isn't that for old people?"  (Mooooom.  Why are you so meeeeaaan to me.)  It's also because my most recent domestic triumph was learning how to put cheese slices on bread and melt them in the microwave.  (If you are one of the only two people on earth who are behind me in terms of domestic development, you should try it!  It's good!)




But I've got news for you, Mom!  It's not just for old people!  (or something more respectful.)  I mean, there was an older woman in our class, but there were lots of young girls in the store.  Our class also had a gay couple (male) who were taking a break from caring for their twins.  How much more hip can you get than that?

And it was a lot of fun!  Sadly, my performance level was about in line with the time I nearly set the kitchen on fire trying to boil water.  For the first few minutes, I sat dumbfounded as Cuddles and G whipped up a knitting storm.  I needed help from the instructor so many times that she just automatically looked at me when she said, "any questions?"  I was pretty much the remedial knitting student, guys.

Anyway, here's a montage of Cuddles-the-Knitting-Ringer at work:




Cuddles expertly checks her...yarn...(I don't even know what you call it)




Cuddles in serious knitting action.  Check out the blurry motion of her knitting hands.  You can't stop this bad girl.




Close-up shot of Cuddles knitting.  (It was about this point that she was like, "stop hovering!!")




G's work-in-progress - isn't it great?  (I had to photograph hers, since mine looks like it was made by an animal with hooves.)




Button commented on what an autumnal activity knitting would be.  And it was!  So here's a knit-pumpkin salute to you!

Union Square.  On Canon Powershot.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!! I bet you were good at it too :) -- Button

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...