Monday, August 30, 2010

Hunting for Eagles, Birdies and, Of Course, Tigers



Over the weekend, Sarni and I attended The Barclays PGA golf tournament (in NJ, but I'm still including it as a NY event, for no logical reason whatsoever).  Before we left Manhattan, we were provided with a list of prohibited items, which included the following.  My reactions are in the parentheses.

- Firearms and weapons (Of course.)
- Radios and TVs (Makes sense.)
- Posters, signs or banners (Okaaay...wasn't going to bring any anyway...)
- Beverages (Wait...what?)
- No bags larger than a 6"x6" (Now, hold on - )
- No cell phones (What is happening here?)
- No cameras (WHAT IS GOING ON??)

Anyway.  I seriously toyed with the idea of sneaking in my point-and-shoot, but I was deflated by visions of me being kicked out by the PGA authorities in front of a mortified Sarni and an unimpressed Tiger.  So all you get is the symbolic photo of our programs (above).  Sorry, guys.

The tourney itself was pretty fun, although Sarni and I almost perished from dehydration (see prohibited item 4, but combine it with very few concession stands and no water fountains).  We spent the whole day stalking Tiger Woods, at my request.  I mean this literally.  We hunted him.  We figured out when he would play a hole and then staked out a position several rounds in advance.  Call us uncool?  You should have seen the hordes of spectators that followed him adoringly from hole to hole screaming, "We love you Tiger!"  (Many of these voices were low and manly.)

Murray Hill (the photo, at least).  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...