Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chicken of the Sea


I had a huge craving for sushi recently, so Sarni and I decided to try out Ichiumi (a sushi buffet located in Korea-town, confusingly).  Mmm.  Not sure how bowled over I was with the quality of the sushi, but the quantity and diversity of choices was definitely impressive.



There were also whole crabs.  I didn't have any, but Sarni attempted one.  I won't mention that when he tried to crack open the claw, pieces of shell flew in every direction.



I tried raw oysters for the first time and loved them!  They tasted like the ocean.  Unfortunately, after I ate them, I read the incredibly appetizing sign the restaurant had posted up about the mud worms that I likely ingested.  (Apparently there's a high likelihood of eating mud worms any time you eat raw oysters.  Which I did not realize.)  Anyway.  Yum.  That didn't make me feel queasy at all.

Korea-town.  On Canon Powershot.

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent and appealing photos. They want to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leovi! I must admit, those raw oysters were delicious, mud worms or no mud worms!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...