Monday, December 13, 2010

War and Designer Pieces

Cuddles invited me to go with her to the Diane von Furstenberg sample sale.  Though not my first sample sale, I was excited because it was my first DVF sample sale.  "How fun!" I thought naively.  I was not prepared for the following scene of chaos:



But imagine a ton of people crushing around you.

For those of you non-New Yorkers, you should know that sample sales are an important part of the consumer culture in the city (at least to women).  If you ask someone to describe a sample sale, they'll probably tell you about the long lines, draconian rules and the communal changing rooms.  That doesn't really describe it.  A sample sale is like war, if wars were conducted by models and fashionistas and the spoils of war were designer duds that have been violently picked over.



I quickly became claustrophobic and discouraged, so while Cuddles was battling her way through the communal dressing room ("I will fiiiind yooooouuu!"), I amused myself by taking random photos of the clothes.



Luckily, at least Cuddles emerged victorious.  Check out the peacock cardigan she scored.  Very haute couture, Colonel Cuddles!


Flatiron District.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...