Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Kaleidoscope Project On Location: Philadelphia

Food, Fitness and Phillies (Fillies?)




Sarni and I made a quick visit to the City of Brotherly Love, and found it to be very...educational...but that's tomorrow's post.  Today's post will be filled (Philled!) with the random and the fattening.  Here we are in front of the famous Love artwork by Robert Indiana (living in New York, I promptly recognized it from our copy here in the city).  Please excuse our facial expressions.  Sarni has become camera shy.  *Roll eyes*  Husbands.  Amirite?



I'm sorry to have to announce it like this, but I met someone very special in Philly.  Sarni was a little upset at first, but I think he understands now.  I'm pretty sure Phillies Phanatic and I will be very happy together.  I hope our kids get his luminous complexion.  Don't lean away from me, PP!



Phillies fans are everywhere, man.



After all the fandom, Sarni and I were famished (Phamished!  okay, last one, seriously).  We stopped by Reading Terminal Market for one of Tommy DiNic's famous pulled pork sandwiches with sharp provolone and spicy spinach.  That's not grease, that's flavoring!



Apparently chocolate-dipped soft pretzels are also famous in Philly, so we got one of those too.  Or a couple.  But that's okay, because we needed to be able to conduct a taste test (see the sauces in the background?  That's science, my friends.)



After our marathon calorie-ingestion, Sarni and I decided to work out a little by running up the steps to the Philadelphia Museum of Art (aka "The Rocky Steps").  To his credit, Sarni did not go insane from my repeated renditions of "Eye of the Tiger."  Hmm.  On the other hand, he did seem really eager to run away from me.



We also walked by the Eastern State Penitentiary, where they host what's been voted as the number one haunted house in the world or something like that.  Given that I consider The Sixth Sense to be a horror movie, we quickly realized I wouldn't be able to last five minutes at ESP without completely freaking out.  But here's one of the gargoyles for you.  Ooooh.  Spooky.  (I genuinely think it is.)



How funny is this??  Just after I posted about finding numerous stuffed animals sitting around NYC, I find a stuffed bear sitting quietly on the sidewalk in Philly!  Seriously, guys.  Maybe it's me?  Are they following me?



Food for thought.

Philadephia, PA.  On Canon Powershot and Canon Rebel SLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...