Monday, February 14, 2011

What's in the Most Common Name?


Don't let the common name fool you.  This is a great place to eat.

I had lunch with a friend at The Smith the other day, and was reminded of what a good lunch place it is - the setting is hip, the food is tasty (I particularly love the egg-white omelette with wild mushrooms), and the service is (usually) pretty friendly.  Or at least not unfriendly which, let's be honest, is about as much as you can hope for in NYC.

I actually think it's all in the name - just like the "The" bands of 10 years ago (The Vines, The White Stripes, The Strokes), The Smith knows that if you slap a strong preposition in front of it, it doesn't matter what comes next.  People are gonna be intrigued.

This post was totally not thematic, but Happy Valentine's Day.  :)

UPDATE:  LB just informed me that there was also a famous band called The Smiths.  What are the odds??  Anyway, my bad for not knowing that.  Hmm.  I wonder if The Smith is aware of The Smiths?  I'll raise it next time I'm there.  I am sure they will be impressed.



East Village.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...