Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All Hail the Kings


Congratulations to Sarni's rugby team, the newly-minted North East Regional Champions, the Village Lions.



As for me, I got to partake in my favorite activity, being a fair-weather fan and jumping on the fan bandwagon when a team I'm vaguely related to has done most of the hard work already.  Go Team.



The Lions dominated their penultimate game against the Connecticut Yankees.  Why aren't there photos of the final game against Middlesex?  You did read the part about being a fair-weather fan, right?  It's cold on that field, people.





Ouch.



I also developed a newfound admiration for sports photographers. Those boys move fast.





I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out the rules of the game, to Sarni's great shame.  He told me later that while the other wives and girlfriends chattered intelligently about "scrums", "plays" and "tries", I turned to him eagerly and said, "When are they gonna do that lifting thing again?"



The rest of the time I was preoccupied with watching this very un-rugby-like dog.  You guys know I can't resist animals in clothing.

Update:  YOU GUYS!!  Sarni informed me that there's a dog owned by one of the Lions' rugby players that looks a little like the above dog, and is named "Rugby"!  How funny is that??

Randall's Island.  On Canon Rebel SLR.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...