Monday, November 29, 2010

Black-Eye Friday


In the spirit of undertaking different cultural experiences, Sarni and I decided to venture out to the stores on Black Friday.  Sarni and I both come from countries that celebrate the joy of free market consumerism on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) rather than Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving).  This mythical "Boxing Day" has taught us enough to know that Black Friday is no walk in the park.  Plus, I've lived in the U.S. for over a decade - I know what it feels like to get elbowed in the ribs by a woman running for that last designer handbag at 30% off.

Nevertheless, we decided to venture out in the afternoon, thinking that would put enough distance between us and the crowds.  It did not.  We returned home with raging headaches and glassy eyes.  I did, however, procure a pair of jeggings, and Sarni got a few shirts.  I'm pretty sure the Invisible Hand gave us a high five on the way home.

Herald Square.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...