Thursday, September 30, 2010

Helen Mirren? Is that you?



I walked past Grand Central station the other day and stumbled upon the filming of "Arthur" (a remake of a 1980s film, a helpful film buff informed me).  Always the iPhone sleuth, I quickly looked up the cast of Arthur and discovered that it stars Russell Brand and Helen Mirren.  Unfortunately, even after scrutinizing every male under the age of 50, none of them appeared to look even slightly similar to Russell Brand.

I did manage to locate an elderly blond woman in heavy make-up who was standing in front of the director, listening raptly.  I triumphantly and smugly took several close-up photos of her and turned away to leave.  Just before I exited earshot, I heard her respond in a loud, happy American voice.  Helen Mirren, my friends, is British.

Helen Mirren, you've won this round.

Grand Central.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...