Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Rare Find



I was thrilled to discover the "rare books" floor at the Strand - I didn't even know it existed!  It can only be reached by elevator, and it has that quiet, dignified feel that you get at old libraries or museums (interrupted only by the persistent clicking from that annoying photographer).




Considering I was surrounded by rare books, I was surprised that they weren't under lock and key.  It was more like visiting someone's private collection, with rare books lying around just begging to be touched.  Um.  Not that I obeyed them.




If you let your mind wander, you could almost imagine that you were in the library of an old English country estate in the 19th century.  Oh, hello Jeeves.  Tea?  Why yes, I believe I will.  Two lumps, please.

Union Square.  On Canon Rebel SLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...