Monday, March 14, 2011

Kaleidoscope Project On Location: Land of Hope and Glory

Greetings from lush, beautiful England!  While Sarni and I have been busy with many fun family events (happy birthday again, Pa Sarni!), I have been terribly remiss in not taking enough photos for my bloggees.  (Am I sounding English?  Sometimes I like to pretend I'm Elizabeth Bennett.)

Anyway, to tide you over, here are two teaser photos.  Just as I've always noticed the stuffed animals dotted around NYC, there are two very prominent stuffed friends that greet me on every visit to England.  The famous Paddington Bear seems to be sitting on everyone's staircase, whether in an old-fashioned, partly-undressed, chest-baring form (on Ma Sarni's stairs) . . .




. . . or the sexy, modern new toggle-jacket-and-suitcase form (sitting on Boz's stairs).




Paddington Bear.  Coming to a staircase near you.


UPDATE:  We have a third contender!!  Boz's hubby Mountie* just sent me the following photo of a THIRD Paddington Bear.  This Paddington Bear, with his shockingly rebellious non-blue coat, resides in an entirely different part of England at Mountie's parents house.  He still, however, chills out on the stairs.  Maybe there's a British memo that goes out, requiring all English staircases to be patrolled by a vigilant Paddington Bear.  Adorable suitcase optional.



*Mountie, as we never fully agreed on your code name, I made an executive decision.  Don't worry, it's open to appeal.

England.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...