Monday, March 7, 2011

Where You Should Never Take Your Kids


It's been a really long time since I visited FAO Schwarz, the toy-store-on-steroids.  But Sarni and I were in the area, and I decided that I wanted to take some photos for my bloggees, so we went inside.  It was exactly as I remembered it - huge, loud with the shrill and eloquent demands of little children ("I want it, I want it!"), and brimming with chaos.  Also, we didn't feel at all weird being the only people there without kids.  I'm sure that wasn't creepy at all.



It took us a while to find it (mostly because I'm pretty sure they moved it, those sneaky buggers), but the Big Piano still exists!  Made famous by Tom Hanks in Big, it's now a shell of its former self, tucked away in a discreet corner of the store.  That doesn't stop dozens of little kids from going ballistic on its keys, though.  Mmm.  Musical.



One thing that was new - the Harry Potter section!  It was full of wizardry-inspired toys, games and other paraphernalia.  Under the Code of Wizardry, I can't tell you what we did, but I can tell you what we did NOT do.  We did NOT put on the sorting hat to see which Hogwarts House we belonged to.



Happy Feet, the graphic violence version?


Central Park South.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...