Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kaleidoscope Project On Location: London-town

I'm back!  Did you miss me?

I have a whole slew of photos from the Land Over the Pond that I want to share over the next few days (which is just as well, because I just looked outside and NYC is drizzly and gray - so I'm down with anything that lets me put off documenting NYC for awhile).

Let's start a little out of order, with London.  Having lived there before, I was a little skeptical whether I'd still find it interesting to "pop" around to all of the old tourist spots.  But pop I did, and it was surprisingly fun!  I highly recommend such poppery to all.

Here we go.



Trafalgar Square, looking suspiciously ominous.  Also, the pigeons are gone!!  I was both relieved (as I hate those buggers) and a little disappointed not to be overwhelmed immediately by the smell of feathers and poo.



It's just not New Yorkers who love their sidewalk art.  What you can't see is the note next to the art that said "Please take photos!!"  I found the need for attention endearing.  Apparently the artist needed more than just love.



Dude, their faces were everywhere.



I was deeply disappointed to trek all the way to Leicester Square, only to be greeted by a giant barrier.  From what I could tell, most of London is being redone for the Games.  Some seriously house-cleaning is underway, people.



Where Sarni took me on our first date.  For those of you not familiar with the Trocadero, it's, um, an arcade.  Hmm, this suddenly explains a lot of the gifts I receive from Sarni.  I bagged me a serious Mr. Romantic, amIrite?



Seriously, SERIOUSLY, 97% of why I could never ever live in London.  Seriously.  I may be the only person who wants to punch the "Mind the Gap" woman.



Even pigeons sometimes need to make phone calls.



Is it strange that I saw this sign and freaked out a little?



The war ship around the corner did nothing to reassure me of my safety.


London.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...