Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Organic vs. Predator


Cuddles and I decided to turn over a new leaf and try some of NYC's healthy-eating establishments.  Well, to be fair, I decided to turn over a new leaf, Cuddles was more like a reluctant participant.

We started our mission by having lunch at The Organic Grill (after Cuddles vetoed any restaurant that overused the following terms:  "macrobiotic," "tempeh," "seitan" or "raw food movement").  The Organic Grill sure didn't taste healthy - here's a shot of the guac and chips we shared as an appetizer (note that Cuddles can make a mean guac that could kick this guac's little green butt).  And, frankly, it wasn't the most friendly place we've been to (aren't healthy people supposed to be happy?).  But it was probably a nice place to ease in to the healthy eating movement.  I was okay with my mushroom "burger" on whole wheat bun, and Cuddles was "eh" about her tofu frittata, but hey.  At least nothing was macrobiotic.



On the walk back from lunch, we passed this inexplicable replica of what I believe is The Predator (you know, from his movie, The Predator).  The sculpture (?) was pretty impressive, and there was a sign that informed us it was made out of recycled motorcycle parts.  We only had two teensy questions.  One, why are the right claws covered in plastic wrap, while the left claws are left unsheathed?  (Good eye, Cuddles.)  Two, why was this standing outside of a women's consignment clothing store?


P.S. Just to let you guys know, Sarni and I will be traveling for most of the month of March.  I will still be posting (hopefully) while "on location," as I will be carrying with me the shiny new Netbook Sarni just gifted to me.  (You guys, it is so cute.)  The posts may be a bit sporadic, depending my ability to access the internet.  I'll be fully back in the driver's seat in April, though.  Happy March, everyone!


East Village.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...