Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Eat Pray Love . . .


. . . or at least Eat.  Sarni and I stumbled upon the newly-opened Eataly, co-owned by Mario Batali.  I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting an expansive space filled with markets, restaurants and food stations.  As for Sarni, he was so impressed that he engaged in the following dumbfounded conversation:

Sarni:  Wow, this is quite impressive.  We should come here sometime.

Me:  Um . . . we are here.



You know things are authentic when food hangs over your head.

In all seriousness, I read that Eataly is part of the "slow food" movement, and imports only the freshest ingredients.  I was expecting my pizza to get up and walk off my plate.



Unfortunately, I didn't get to actually have any pizza.  Even though it was 3:30 in the afternoon on a Sunday, the wait for the pizza restaurant was well over an hour.  I also didn't get to eat any pasta, but I did snag this photo of the uber-fresh pasta for you guys.



Were truer words ever spoken?



This was possibly the most expensive square foot or so in the joint.  Saffron and black truffles?  Waiter, I'll just take a seat here.  No utensils necessary, thanks.


Flatiron.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...