Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sixteen (plus a few) Candles


Have you guys noticed that ever since college ended, people rarely throw birthday parties?  I don't just mean the parties with pointy hats and loot bags from when I was a kid (although I do love me a good loot bag - mmm, hello random candy necklaces).  I mean any kind of party.  Starting from my early twenties, it seemed like the thing to do was "go out for dinner" or "go out for drinks."  What happened to a good old-fashioned party?  Maybe with festive signs?

Polo turned back the clock for the birthday of his girlfriend, Dr. J.  We had a great time with friends we haven't seen for awhile, and we greedily gobbled down two kinds of cake from Black Hound (which I initially thought was the name of a really badass cake, but is actually the name of a badass bakery).  We also sang "Happy Birthday" to Dr. J, and I was reminded again of how bad my warbling singing voice is.  By the end of the song, I was just mouthing the words sheepishly.  That's okay though, because it's the silent thought that counts.


New York City.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...