Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When Everything Tastes Like Chicken


Continuing my mission to eat NYC specialized foods, Sarni and I paid a visit to Hill Country Chicken.  (Too...many...chicken...jokes...)  Sarni's a big fan of Hill Country, so we had high hopes for HCC.  In the end, we had some chicken, chicken fingers, buttermilk biscuits, and cheesy fried mashed potatoes.  In case you were wondering, that's mashed potatoes with cheese and fries mixed in - you know, just in case you couldn't decide between three different fatty foods.



Sadly, none of my photos of the food really turned out (which could be because HCC is styled like a fast food restaurant, even though the chicken is apparently organic).  I did want to throw in this photo of the banana cream pie we had for dessert though - vanilla wafers, whipped cream, and banana cream in a custard shell.  It was, in my humble opinion, the best thing we ate at HCC.  (Sarni also had a double cherry pie for dessert, but it was far inferior to my banana cream treat.)



Sarni and I sat upstairs, but discovered the downstairs space after we ate.  It basically looks like your grandmother's rec room, complete with board games from the 90s.  Love it.



Right??


Madison Square Park.  On Canon Powershot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...