Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When Words Are Not Enough


Over the weekend, Pre-Raph, KK and I went for dinner at St. Alp's tea house (mmm, bubble tea) and caught a showing of The King's Speech.  I have to admit, my interest in this film stemmed from all the great reviews it received (and maybe a little because to me, Colin Firth will always be the irascible Mr. Darcy).  It really did live up to its hype!  CF is absolutely amazing in a role that, in less competent hands, would threaten to descend into parody.  The movie is effective as a historical portrait, but also as a portrait of a debilitating condition that reminded me of one of those nightmares where you suddenly can't do something most people take for granted - run, speak, attack people with swords (that last entry was suggested by Sarni - I'm so proud, babe).  Plus, if all this isn't enough to convince you to see it, you should know that there are THREE Harry Potter actors in this film.  Bonus points to anyone who can name them.


Union Square.  On Canon Powershot.

1 comment:

  1. Just been to view this in Burton- senior citizen's rates - and I agree. It was excellent. I agree that CF will always be Mr Darcy in his wet riding habit. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...